Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's been a while

It's been a while since I've posted last, so I don't know where to begin. May and June have been filled with all kinds of excitement, from cramming to get simulation results for a grant submission, to a spinal cord conference, to an exciting trip to Belize! Did I mention I moved too? But now that I'm getting settled into the new apartment and found my cable, I can finally post some photos. They'll do little to convey the full extent of my adventures, but should be able to give you a little glimpse into them.

A short update on research, I've found that the more I understand, the more I realize I don't know. For example, I learned just how easy it is to manipulate hidden variables to make your simulation do what you want it to. And that the bulk of being a grad student is learning how to deal with failure and learn from it. Lastly, at the conference I made some pretty cool connections to people who study what I'm interested in and one professor who lives in Israel. Hopefully I can set up some kind of collaboration in the near future, I'd love to spend 6 months to a year there studying.

More posts to come later, as soon as I figure out how to do this whole picture thing....

No comments: