Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New York

I just got back from a trip to NYC to visit Alice, my old college roomate. This weekend was so much fun, and felt like we were roomies again. We went to see The Color Purple on Broadway, which somehow managed to both stick pretty true to the book and make an awesome musical (suprising since the book is pretty serious and sad at parts). It was also cool in that it drew a pretty diverse crowd (not your usual yuppy white monopoly). If you get the chance, you gotta check this show out!

We also managed to have a relaxing afternoon of mulled wine and oatmeal raisin cookie making, capped off with some Gay, Straight, or Taken. I apparently suck at guessing who's who, so I'm not quite sure what that says about my potential love life, but that's ok.

Other fun pursuits of the weekend: catching up with Ben, Maloney, and Smolow, as well as a good chunk of my dad's family; playing video games, checking out a comedy club, going to a jazz club, shopping a little, and eating a ton!!! I don't know when my stomach will recover from it, but NYC has some damn good restaurants.

Except for the cost of living, I'm getting to be a bigger and bigger fan of the city every time I go visit. Who knows, maybe one day I'll go out that way for good. But for now, back to good ole ATL...

No comments: